React Developer (Consultant)
We are looking for an enthusiastic front-end software engineer with a keen interest in current technology and engineering. Using your experience of React.js & Node.js and software engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of modern front end applications that are transforming industries. You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to company’s clients.
The role will involve developing new user-facing features using React.js, translating designs and wireframes into high quality code and optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
Role requirements – technical skills and experience
This role will suit a highly capable developer with at least two years working with React.js. Skills and experience must include:
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles including hooks
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (i.e. Redux)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authentication mechanisms, such as JWT, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English (working directly with UK/US based clients)
- Development methodologies: Familiarity with agile working and test-driven development. Use of Git and JIRA
- Education: An excellent result in computer science or another STEM subject is preferred, either at MSc or BSclevel, but alternative education paths will be considered
Role requirements – soft skills
Key attributes and behaviours to succeed in this role will be:
- Delivery focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
- Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
- Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
- Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.