Senior iOS Developer
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic mobile software engineer with a keen interest in current technology and engineering. Using your experience of iOS and software engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of modern mobile applications that are transforming industries. You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to our clients. You will also be responsible for technical improvements to the app including keeping frameworks up to date, improving app performance, and managing technical debt.
We believe small, multi-disciplinary teams are most effective in delivering complex change. As such, we are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is happy to be flexible and take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of our projects.
Role requirements and experience
- 10+ years of commercial experience
- 5+ years working with iOS
- experience with Objective-C and Swift
- experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- familiarity with RESTful APIs
- understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
- experience with performance and memory tuning with toolsd
- development methodologies: Familiarity with agile working and test-driven development. Use of Git and JIRA.
- familiarity with continuous integration (Our pipeline is based on CircleCl)
- familiarity with Firebase services
- ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- excellent spoken and written English (working directly with UK/US based clients)
- education: An excellent result in computer science or another STEM subject is preferred, either at MSc or BSc level, but alternative education paths will be considered
- delivery focus - strong analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
- Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client facing nature of the role.
- Value driven - Creative thinking, with aptitude for innovation and strong desire to exceed client expectations.
- Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.