Our customer is an award winning digital banking software solution provider. More than 100 large financial institutions around the globe have benefitted from their banking platform. They have offices in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and now they have opened their branch in Krakow. This role is part of a product team in R&D. It is a multidisciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, QA engineers and technical writers. Your autonomous team is responsible for the entire software development life cycle for the digital banking product suite: from idea to release. They work in Scrum in order to deliver new product increments through short cadences by closely cooperating with other departments as well as customers.
Our customer provides a modern software solution developed in microservices architecture, ensuring financial institutions can build on the top of cutting-edge technology. As such, many modern principles have been adopted such as continuous integration and delivery. They have also adopted Agile practices that contribute to rapid delivery, with decisions being driven out of the team with autonomy rather than top down.
The underlying technology runs on the best of breed technology available today, such as Spring Boot, Netflix OSS, coupled with their own in-house libraries to ensure consistent delivery to a highly regulated banking market. Their technology drives solutions in a variety of ways for customers, from cloud native, globally scaled deployments to on-premise managed application servers, demanding smart thinking and innovative solutions from their people.
Senior Backend Engineer
Location: Krakow or remote
- Solid background in software development including design.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently across all levels to get buy-ins from technical stakeholders as well as from your team members.
- Experience in the banking domain or Fintech products will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written.
- Experience with Java, Spring, Maven, CI and CD.
- Experience with microservices (Netflix OSS is a plus).
- Cloud and traditional application servers (WebSphere, JBoss).
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with non-functionals such as security, performance, scalability, etc.
- Being a Full Stack developer is a huge advantage.
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Developing and delivering a production-ready banking platform across all verticals.
- Contributing to new and existing functionalities, proof of concepts, and technical improvements that will be implemented in the Digital Banking Platform.
- Taking ownership of what you build and proactively collaborating with architects, QA engineers and other team members to ensure implementation is done according to our technical vision and best practices.
- A mark on a product used by millions.
- Working with the latest technology.
- Hands-on learning – if you are hungry to learn and ready to explore different ways – this is the place to be.
- Plenty of opportunities to switch contexts and work on a variety of different tasks.
- A place where your ideas will move company’s proposition forward and will create a vision for the future of banking.
- Opportunity to work with the smartest people in the industry.
- Working on projects with people from all over the world.