It is an unique opportunity to join the creators of a modern streaming platform for mission critical workloads.
Our customer is the Intelligent Data API company, founded in 2019 and headquartered in San Francisco. They have built an engine as a drop-in replacement for Kafka with higher throughput, that can scale more easily and deliver consistently low latencies with a much lower hardware footprint. They are is working on a family of products designed to reliably transform data streams into data products by unifying historical and real time data, enabling inline Lambda transformations, all exposed under a drop-in Kafka-API replacement.
The engine is written in C++17 w/ DMA (no kernel page cache, their own write-behind, read-ahead, caches, allocators, etc.) and is built for predictable tail latencies. No Zookeeper, no JVM, no code changes required, and 10x faster. It hosts some of the worlds largest streaming workloads – petabytes of data – targeting the Fortune 2000 companies – from autonomous aircraft and cars to real time ad bidding. No matter the scale, it will keep all data safe.
And it is not only about the product itself, it is an opportunity to work with a brilliant performance-obsessed engineers and a fantastic people. As a Technical Support Engineer you’ll be part of a diverse team with members in both US (New York City, San Francisco, San Diego, Austin, Denver) and international locations, including Colombia, the United Kingdom, Russia, Poland, Israel, Czech Republic, and growing!
Senior Software Engineer
Location: 100% remote
- A passion for working on deeply technical projects and wanting to work on distributed systems, concurrency & parallelism, replication protocols, file systems & correctness.
- Strong understanding of Go and Kubernetes.
- Comfortable working with a 100% distributed engineering team, collaborating on GitHub, in the open and a self starter.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of building Kubernetes operators for storage systems.
- Good Knowledge of C++.
- Good Knowledge of Linux filesystem internals.
- Experience working on databases or other storage systems internals, such as RPC, caching, allocators, compressors, Raft, Paxos, etc.
- As a Kubernetes Engineer, you will take part in bringing the future of streaming to serverless applications running on platforms such as Vercel or Cloudflare workers.
- Building control planes based on Kubernetes for our multi-cloud, managed streaming-as-a-service offering.
- Contributing functionality to the Kubernetes SIGs, WGs, and other communities that Vectorized’s service can then leverage.
- Opportunity to work very closely with a group of an exceptional engineers.
- Working with a company pushing the state of the art in streaming.
- Equity in an early stage startup.
- 100% remote role.